Looking for a new read? We like to think we have the coziest bookstore in town with well curated bookshelves nestled right up next to a roaring fireplace. Our collection of outdoor classics from the likes of Edward Abbey, Wendell Berry, Robin Kimmerer, Kent Haruf and other Masters sits alongside the newest offerings from up and coming literary stars like Helen Macdonald, Peter Heller and many more. Local Steamboat authors find a welcoming bookshelf at Ski Haus as well and you may even find Routt County writers in the shop and happy to sign a copy of their books from time to time. Tales of the mythical West, stories from the natural world, adventures from the high seas, historical mountain ascents, harrowing Polar explorations and journeys through the wilderness are always in stock. Should you find inspiration and seek to follow in the footsteps of your literary heroes Ski Haus is also awash in travel books, river charts, ski and climbing guides and maps, oh so very many maps! Ski Haus experts are eager to suggest your next favorite author and we love to hear from you about any great books or authors we simply must add to our offerings. Take a seat by the fire and explore the Ski Haus book selection today. Your next literary adventure awaits!
- Backcountry touring with the Rottefella Xplore binding system February 16, 2024
- It’s dumping out and ALL the snowshoes are on sale February 9, 2024
- The coziest book store in town! February 1, 2024
- Norrona premium outdoor clothing is now in stock at Ski Haus! January 22, 2024
- Incredible xc touring package now $475! January 1, 2024