The Ski Haus Holiday Gift Guide for Snowshoers is a collective recommendation from our staff to you. Whether you like to snowshoe at the golf course or go explore more adventurous terrain in the high country – Ski Haus has the equipment and clothing to make each and everyday you use your snowshoes memorable.
These recommendations are the gear and outerwear our staff members use day in and day out all winter long. These recommendations come from our many years of personal experience, learning the ins and outs of what works and what doesn’t work. Happy Holidays and have fun out there!
Click on the Ski Haus Gift Guides for everyone on your list:
Snowshoeing is Great for the Entire Family!
1. MSR Revo Ascent Snowshoe $239.95 One of our best selling snowshoes. We really like the Ascent binding. The three rubber straps over the top of your boot are easy to adjust and you won’t need to fiddle with them at all during your snowshoe outing. Great traction from the teeth cut into the frame and talons underneath the deck. Climbing bar for climbing up hills and exceptionally strong torsional frame strength for traversing. 22″ and 25″ lengths in women’s and men’s.
2. MSR Revo Tails $49.95 The perfect snowshoe will feel light and agile on packed trails and provide all the floatation you need in deep snow. Not possible? With the Revo Tail you don’t have to compromise. Add 5″ of float on the on deep days and take it off when you are on a packed trail. Versatile and simple.
3. Atlas Treeline Snowshoe $239.95 Another very popular snowshoe in Ski Haus. The Treeline comes in 23 or 27 sizes for women and 25 or 30 for men. While they are not the top of the line Atlas snowshoe they don’t compromise on durability or performance. Effective Wrapp Lux bindings are a single pull to open and close around your boots and the design of the binding puts your boot in the perfect spot on the snowshoe every time. All Trac talons underneath provide great traction and security both climbing and descending. Climbing bar.
4. Atlas 2 pc LockJaw Adjustable Poles $44.94 Some will scoff at the idea of snowshoeing with poles but until you’ve tried them you just won’t know how helpful they really are. Climb more efficiently with poles. Descend with more confidence. Get a better work out without even trying… It’s all true and these poles from Atlas are quite good – especially for the price!
5. Colorado’s Quiet Trails $21.95 Now that you have your snowshoes where will you go? With the snowmobiler’s? Not a schance. With The Colorado Quiet Trails book from the Colorado Mountain Club you’ll find the perfect spot – anywhere in the state. Go snowshoeing. Enjoy the peace and quiet and solitude!
6. Black Diamond Spot Headlamp $39.95 Snowshoeing under a full moon you won’t need a headlamp but how about romping on a night during a new moon? Double dark. Use your BD Spot Headlamp to light the way. Snowshoeing at night is a blast and just in case a little illumination is required you can’t go wrong the best selling Black Diamond Spot Headlamp. 200 lumens. Waterproof. Red LED option for night vision. Precise dimming and more!
7. Osprey Manta 28 or Mira 26 Day Packs $165 Whether you’re snowshoeing or backcountry skiing you need to pack essentials and stay hydrated. With the men’s Manta or women’s Mira Osprey Packs both tasks are simple. Featuring Anti- Gravity suspension it practically feels like you’re not wearing a pack at all! The Manta comes in 20L, 28L, and 36L volumes. The Mira comes in 18L, 26L, and 34L packs. Torso sizes, too.
8. Kate’s Grizzly Bar – Real Food for Real Energy $3.59 The only way to stay warm is if you stoke the fire. Just like at home you have to put wood in the firebox to keep the cabin warm and it is the same with your metabolism. Running on empty you can’t take your turn breaking trail, you’re cold, and you’re probably whinning. Not a good combination. Make sure to pack some Kate’s. A staff favorite is the Grizzly Bar – Peanut Butter and Dark Chocolate mixed with a host of other trail mix goodies – with this in your pack we’re talking sustainability both on the farm and on the trail!
9. Fjall Raven Keb Trousers $200 (men’s and women’s) These pants are intended for any activity where mobility is just as important as durability and protection. Stiched with durable G-1000® Eco on the rear, front of the legs, the knees and on the inside bottom of the legs, which is also reinforced with a double layer of fabric to withstand wear from hiking boots. A zippered ventilation opening from knee to hip and along the calf releases excess heat. Two leg pockets, one zippered and the other with a flap and inner mesh pocket for small items. High hand pockets hold their contents even when sitting down. Strap adjustment with buckle into he leg endings and hook to attach to any kind of boots.
10. Atlas Kid’s Snowshoes $64.95 to $84.95 The Atlas family of kids snowshoes includes the Sprout 17, the Echo 20, Spark 20, and Mini 17. All these snowshoes have super easy bindings that securely attach boot and foot to the snowshoes. Easy to use and easy to size making the family adventure (getting the Christmas tree perhaps) fun for all!