If I was to name one thing light hiking footwear drives their owners the most crazy I’d say it’s durability. The Salomon Odyssey Pro answers that Siren’s song with longevity, fit, and stability. This light hiking shoe can go the distance for day hikers and thru hikers alike.
Salomon has known how popular their XA series of trail running shoes have been with the lightweight thru hiking crowd. They also realized there were some durability issues considering the day in and day out pounding these shoes were taking. So what does any good company do? They address the issue at hand and make something better – enter the Odyssey Pro.
I like to give any footwear I’m about to try on the twist test. I grab the shoe from underneath the sole around the toe box and heel and twist the shoe. You can instantly determine how much support, foot protection, and torsional strength the shoe will give you. The Odyssey Pro is firm – more like a hiking boot – but the forward flex of the shoe feels like a runner. Strength in the sole equals trail durability.
Trying the shoe on you instantly feel how light it is on your feet. Take a few laps around. Step on some rocks or some kind of “trail trash” so you can feel how well your foot is protected from rocks and roots. The sole protects, it doesn’t feel soft where you can feel every pebble under your feet.
Lightweight. Torsionally strong. Great foot protection. Longevity… Perhaps with the Salomon Odyssey Pro you’ve just found the perfect lightweight hiker!
– Quick Drying Breathable Mesh (breathable, keeps your feet cooler)
– Seamless Sensifit (wraps the foot with precise and secure fit)
– Heel Strap (helps hold heel in place – no slip)
– Seamless Technology (no seams equals great fit)
– Stretch Tongue (fits nicely over your instep)
– Gusseted Tongue (prevents dust and small stones from getting in your shoes)
– Contragrip Outsole (great traction even on wet stone)
$140.00 Women’s and Men’s sizing