– The prAna Monarch Convertible Pant offers great options for living in the mountains. We all know how it works around here in the Rockies. One minute it’s warm, the next a cold wind is blowing down from the Divide giving us all goosebumps! Or starting off on a hike in the morning it’s cool and as we go further and further it warms up until the heat induced aroma of pine trees is practically overwhelming!
Convertible pants are a pretty good option for these situations. The only problem is that there have been few good options that are functional, look good, and fit good. I have a favorite pair that I like to recommend – the prAna Monarch Convertible Pant.
prAna uses their patented “stretch Zion” fabric that is incredibly comfortable, very durable, offers tons of stretch, and has a DWR finish that sheds a rain shower easily. The waist is a mid-rise and the style has a street appeal that is equally comfortable on the trail or for travel. From the mountain trails around Steamboat Springs to the urban trails around the world – prAna’s Monarch Convertible Monarch pants, I mean capris, work great!
– Stretch ‘Zion’ performance woven with durable water repellent (DWR) finish
– Convertible pant zips off to knicker length
– Front and back patch pockets
– Zipper front fly
– Now offered in 3 pant inseams-short, regular, tall
– Knicker = 14″ (35.6cm) on ‘short’ inseam, 15″ (38.1cm) on ‘regular and tall’ inseams
– Relaxed fit
– Mid rise
– 97% Nylon, 3% Spandex