Hincapie Cycling Wear for Long Bike Rides
– With a name like Hincapie in the cycling wear business I think you can trust the design and quality. When it comes to the Hincapie Felix Jersey and Felix Bibs you can add great value to that list of superlatives.
The Hincapie Felix Jersey and Bib are perfect for weekend racing and the fast local Tuesday Night Worlds rides. You won’t have to always ride hard or go long to appreciate the comfort and fit of these two pieces. With the Felix Jersey you can expect a performance fit that is snug without being race-fit-tight. Comfort is the goal here.
There are a lot of road bike riders out there who haven’t switched to bibs. And there are a ton of mountain bikers out there who stealthily wear bibs under their baggy downhill kits. The bike riders who have switched to bibs know all about the increased comfort, secure chamois, and reduced pressure around your waist. But that is enough about that… The Hincapie Felix Bib could be a really great first bib for a rider who has yet to try a bib or a terrific value bib for someone not looking to put a lot of dollars into their replacement bib purchase.
One of the keys to fitting a bib are the braces – the upper mesh material that panels up your back and straps over your shoulders. Not only are you looking for a good fit around your waist and legs but you want the braces to be perfect, too. Not too short. Not too long.
When you first try on a bib the braces may feel short but simulate reaching for your bars from your saddle and the bib fit changes… this is the fit you are looking for.
The Hincapie Felix Bib sports the Pro Chamois with center relief channel and extended chamois coverage for maximum comfort.
Both the Jersey and the Bibs have little keepers that keep the jersey in place and keep the legs from riding up. Reflective hits enhance visibility and safety.
By the way… I do like the color design on both the jersey and bibs. You can up your style with a complete kit. And, unscientifically, I have determined when I’m out riding and sporting some team or bike logos or a complete kit – cars and trucks give me more space on the road versus the times I’m kinda dressed down. Believe it or not.
Here are the Felix Bib details:
– 225 gsm inner leg panel fabric provides compressive support to stabilize muscles and reduce fatigue while providing SPF 50+ by construction
– Lightweight sublimated panels move and confirm with the body for the perfect fit
– Soft, aerating stretch mesh upper dries quickly to help regulate temperature
– Seamless, anatomical multi-density Pro Chamois with center relief channel and extended chamois coverage provide maximum comfort
– ProGrip¨ leg bands for enhanced comfort
– Reflective details to enhance visibility
– 11″ inseam
Felix Jersery – $70.00
Felix Bib Shorts – $120.00