Last Spring Black Diamond came out with a revolutionary new concept for a crag pack, the Creek 50L pack.
This pack is a mix of mid-size big-wall haul bag and a daily cragging pack for every day use. It’s built of very durable 1200 denier polyester fabric with a TPU coating making it a very durable pack for day use at the local crags to big wall missions.
The Black Diamond Creek Pack comes in three different sizes, 50L, 35L, and 20L. These size options covers everything from top rope sessions full days with carrying double or triple racks for Indian Creek, Utah which the pack got its name.
I have the Creek 50L version since that was the first Creek pack BD released a few years back. I use this pack for everything! It fits all my gear: rope, shoes, double rack of cams, food, water, and my helmet.
The full side zipper opens up wide so you can easily dump a rope and your trad rack to haul to the next crag. The 50L and 35L sizes has another full side zipper pocket that opens up to two other zipper organizer pockets for keeping keys, snacks, and tape easily within reach.
The Creek 20L Pack is a great size as a rugged leader pack especially if your squeezing yourself through chimneys or hauling it around via ropes.
I highly recommend this pack for anyone that is an all-round climber looking for a burly every day crag pack to a very durable leader pack that you can rely on day in and day out.
Here are some details:
- Ultra-durable, waterproof shell fabric
- Padded shoulder straps and removable dual-density hipbelt, thermoformed backpanel
- Top-loading design with drawcord skirt closure and full-length side zipper for easy access to pack contents
- Tuck-away rope strap and stowable rain hood that doubles as a helmet/rope holder
- Zippered front flap with internal zippered organizer pockets
- Haul bag-style bottom keeps pack standing upright for easy loading
Creek 20 $89.95
Creek 35 $169.95
Creek 50 $189.95