Every fit – whether you’re a novice or experienced cyclist – starts with a brief interview between you and your trained Body Geometry FIT technician. The 2-3 hour Body Geometry FIT process that follows will help your fitter fully understand you, your riding and your body’s needs through:
- PRE-FIT INTERVIEW: These questions allow your fitter to sharpen the focus of their flexibility assessment. By learning your injury and riding history, flexibility issues that will affect your saddle position, handlebar drop and stance width can be anticipated.
- 23-POINT FLEXIBILITY ASSESSMENT: This series of evaluations provides an accurate picture of your flexibility and other physical attributes that will determine your final riding position. Assessments include foot structure, knee position, spinal curve, and hip flexion, among others.
- SIDE VIEW ANALYSIS: By assessing the side view of you on your bike your fitter will establish a correct neutral position that’s both powerful and comfortable by precisely adjusting seat height, handlebar height, stem length and cleat position.
- FRONT VIEW ANALYSIS: Analysis from frontal view will optimize your hip, knee and foot alignment for greater performance and balanced power delivery. Includes analysis of pedal and shoe placement and squareness on the saddle.
- FOLLOW UP: After a week or so, our technician will call you to discuss the effectiveness of the adjustments and answer any other questions or concerns you may have.
Designed specifically to help cyclists ride faster, longer, in greater comfort, and with less chance of injury, Body Geometry FIT has been developed through years of co-operation with Dr. Andy Pruitt, Ed.D., PA of the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine, and is available only through Specialized dealers.
Whether you are just starting out as a rider or a seasoned professional rider, having a poor fit can greatly affect the quality and enjoyment of your ride. While there are many fit services to choose from, Body Geometry FIT is the most comprehensive fit system available to all riders, regardless of experience level or even the brand of bike they choose to ride. It goes beyond the basics offered by competitors, and is an individualized, scientifically proven system focusing on all aspects of a rider’s position.
Body Geometry FIT
Body Geometry FIT is the only fit methodology supported by an entire range of equipment to compliment every contact point of the bicycle. Specialized’s dedication to 3rd party testing by leading medical experts helps create the only ergonomically designed, medically tested line of products in the cycling industry.
SHOES – Developed with Dr. Andy Pruitt of the Boulder Center for Sports Medicine, BG shoes and High Performance Footbeds use Built-in ergonomic features like the varus wedge, longitudinal arch, and metatarsal button to make the connection between body and bike more productive and more comfortable.
SADDLES – Developed with ergonomics expert Dr. Roger Minkow, M.D., BG saddles and shorts use customized shapes, cut-aways and multi-density padding to reduce pressure on arteries and soft tissue for improved blood flow and comfort.
GLOVES – Featuring a unique pad system designed by Dr. Roger Minkow, M.D., BG gloves help reduce hand numbness (aka, cycling palsy) by relieving pressure on the ulnar nerve. Multi-density grips and bar coverings work together with BG gloves to improve comfort and endurance.